It is nearly difficult to exist in today’s world without access to the internet Isn’t it frustrating, though, when your Wi-Fi connection drops in the middle of an important conversation or a Netflix watch party? One of the causes for this might be a slow internet connection. On both your PC and smartphone, you can monitor your network speed using a variety of third-party apps and tools. However, the focus of this post is on how to check internet speed directly from the Google site, without the need of any third-party plugins. So, let’s have a look at how to check internet speed from the Google homepage in a quick and easy way.
Check Internet Speed by Google Homepage
Google has teamed up with Measurement Lab (M-Lab) to allow consumers to monitor their internet speed directly from the Google homepage. Google will require access to your IP address in order to conduct the test, but no other information about how you use the internet will be exposed. The procedure is broken down into five simple phases. Let’s take each one one at a time.
- The first step is to go to google.com using any browser of your choosing. This may be done on any device that is compatible, such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Type ‘Run Speed Test’ into Google’s search bar.
- A new dialogue box will display, with choices such as ‘Internet speed test,’ ‘Check your Internet speed in less than 30 seconds,’ and ‘The speed test normally transmits less than 40 MB of data, but may transfer more data on fast connections.’
- Select ‘Run Speed Test’ from the list of available options.
- Give it a few seconds, and it should reveal all of the information about your internet speed, including download speed, upload speed, connection quality, latency, and location.
So, that was a fast tip on how to check your internet connection speed without relying on any third-party services directly from Google’s homepage. If you liked this post, go visit Sayfjee to see what more they have to offer!